Community planning is a growing field, especially in areas experiencing urban sprawl. Community planners often spend time both in the office and out in the city, so their smart phones become great productivity tools.
Here are 19 apps for the Android that Community Planners are sure to use over and over. From staying organized in and out of the office to learning more about the community you’re in, you’ll be amazed at all the things you can do with your Android.
- Talking Calendar: Keep up with your appointments with a calendar that talks to you!
- AK Notepad: This notepad for Android provides a great way to make, store and track notes. This little app makes it much easier to stay organized and keep track of your notes.
- Scan to PDF: Scan a paper document and convert it to a PDF file instantly on your phone. This application is great for eliminating paper and keeping all your documents secure.
- Upvise: This Android app lets you access and share business information back at the office when you’re away.
- Opera Mini: This app can browse the entire Web on your Android phone and save time and money. Opera mini compresses pages up to 90%, making web browsing fast. Synchronize your bookmarks, history, notes and more between your computer and mobile phone.
- Voice Recorder: This application is a handy voice recorder that records your data onto an SD card. You can also send the data as an attached file via Gmail.
- Find Green: This app helps you locate green businesses in your area. It’s great for organizing support of local businesses or helping determine locations for new businesses.
- Civil Engineering Calculations: This app can help you with all the typical civil engineering calculations.
- To Do Task Manager Pro: Keep your activities organized, and your to do lists in order.
- Time Clock Time Tracker: The perfect app for anybody who bills by the hour or tracks projects that way. Easily keep track of your time spent on each project.
- 5001 Amazing Facts: Learn new information and amaze your friends.
- Civil Engineering Suite: This app contains all the current engineering apps by Option Basics 101.
- Civil Engineering Professional: This app performs more than 250 of the most common civil engineering calculations.
- Twidroid: This is one of the most popular twitter client on the android platform. You’ll find it makes it easy to keep up with those you follow on twitter and send tweets yourself.
- Loopt: Loopt connects you to your friends and the places around you. See where your friends are and what they’re doing. Connect on the fly and instantly share photos, comments, and cool places.
- Travel Advisory Alerts: This application is the perfect one for professionals who travel a lot. Keep up with all the travel alerts, such as terror alerts and disease outbreaks.
- SwiFTP: This application allows you to FTP to your phone from any machine on the internet. You’ll love being able to do quick file transfers right to your Android.
- Wifi Buddy: Wifi Buddy is a Wifi network scanner tool. The screen shows all nearby Wi-Fi stations, the quality of their signal, and their chosen broadcast channel. This one is great for when you’re out of the office and need to work remotely.
- Folder Organizer: This app lets you organize your apps, bookmarks, contacts and shortcuts by creating labels. You can also customize the icons for the labels that you create. You can really make your phone more organized and easier to use by taking advantage of this application.
As a community planner, you’ll be involved in planning areas for recreation, commerce and city events. It’s a demanding job, and one that requires that you be both productive and organized. Using your Android to your advantage can really help you keep track of both your business and your personal life and stay ahead of all your tasks at work. You’ll love using your Android to keep you up to date on everything you have going on.